Crunchy Tofu FingersCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
In the mood for some easy vegan Snacks? We got you covered with this vegan version of the all too famous Chicken Fingers. Simply made with Tofu as a meat replacement! We tried countless versions until we found the perfect blend of crunchiness and taste.
We really got the best results for this delicious vegan snack by covering the Tofu with a crunchy corn crush. There should be some salty corn snacks (sometimes also called “Kikos”) in your local supermarket, but alternatively you can also try some other version (dry and crushed bread, for example).
Just take care of the type of Tofu you get. You will get the best results by choosing the firmest Tofu you can find. Have fun preparing it for you and your friend – these Tofu Fingers are a true Superstar as Appetizers and at Parties.
250 g firm tofu
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
100 g roasted corn Snacks / “Kikos”
1 tablespoon chickpea flour
½ cup of water
Olive or Sunflower Oil
- Wrap the tofu block with a kitchen towel or paper to absorb the water. Leave it like this for about 5 minutes. You can also press it to absorb it better.
- Cut the tofu into strips of the desired shape and thickness.
- To marinate the tofu, add the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, parsley and pepper in a bowl and mix the ingredients with the help of a spoon. There is no need to add salt, as the soy sauce replaces it.
- Add the tofu to the mixture and try to soak all the tofu pieces.
- Let the mixture stand in the refrigerator so that the tofu absorbs the flavor. Ideally, leave it overnight, but if this is not possible, 1 hour should be enough.
- Grind the toasted corn snacks (“kikos”) into small pieces with the help of a food processor or blender. Ideally, do not grind it to a powder, but rather leave small pieces to make the Tofu Fingers crunchier. Set aside in a plate or container.
- In a bowl, add the chickpea flour and water and mix until you get a smooth mass.
- Dip the marinated tofu strips in the mixture and immediately coat them with the roasted corn crush.
- Fry in a pan with a little oil and serve with some delicious sauce, for example some Garlic Sauce.