Savory Mini Rolls with VegetablesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Own CreationDifficulty: Easy
Need a vegan snack for the next party, but you don’t have much time? We got you covered! With mini rolls made of puff pastry, filled with zucchini, peppers and vegan cheese.
You might know these mini rolls in various sweet versions with cinnamin, sugar, and nuts. These pizza-like savory versions, however, are sure to surprise your guests in a very positive way.
And they are super easy to prepare in less than half an hour. Of course, you can fill the puff pastry rolls with a variety of ingredients other than the ones we’ve listed below. But definitely give our version a try – we’ve already tested it several times and the taste is simply unbeatable.
In this recipe we use zucchini, pickled pepper strips (for example, Piquillo peppers, but any other pickled red pepper strip version that you can find is perfect) and sliced vegan cheese. The zucchini strips are very thin because of the baking time of the recipe, so if you use a vegetable peeler, you can’t go wrong there. The sliced vegan cheese can be substituted with shredded cheese as well.
1 puff pastry (square)
150g pickled peppers in strips (Piquillo peppers, or other red pickled peppers)
5 slices of vegan cheese (or grated cheese)
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Spread the puff pastry dough on a flat surface.
- Place the vegan cheese slices evenly on top of the dough.
- Cut the zucchini into very thin strips, there’s no need to peel it. Ideally, use a peeler to make it as thin as possible. Place the zucchini slices on top of the cheese, distribute evenly throughout the dough.
- Place the roasted pepper strips in the same way.
- Sprinkle the ingredients with half a tablespoon of oregano.
- Wrap the roll so that you get a cylindrical shape, it should be pressed a little. Try to seal everything well so that it does not open.
- Cut into slices of about 2 cm and place the mini rolls on the baking paper so that they lie flat.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and olive oil.
- Bake at 180ºC-200ºC for 20 minutes. It is recommended to turn them over after 10 minutes so that they are well done on both sides.