Filled EggplantCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
2 medium-sized eggplants
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic
60 g texturized soy (meat alternative)
200 g triturated tomato
Vegan grated cheese
1 tsp. of cumin
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the texturized soy in a deep bowl and cover with warm water to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants in halves (lengthwise) and make cuts in the pulp without cutting the peel. Add a dash of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast the eggplants at 180ºC for approximately 25 minutes or until the pulp is done.
- Heat a little olive oil, add the finely chopped garlic and onion and cook for about 15 minutes while stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper.
- Fry the textured soy in another frying pan for 8 minutes with a trickle of soy sauce and add the onion and garlic.
- Take the eggplants out of the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Remove the pulp from the eggplant with a spoon.
- Chop the eggplant pulp and add it to the rest of the vegetables. Add a teaspoon of cumin, the triturated tomato and cook for 5 minutes and mix everything well.
- Add the filling to the eggplants, sprinkle with grated cheese and put them back in the oven to grill them at 200ºC for 10 minutes.