Spaghetti with garlic and seaweedCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Here we have a very quick and easy recipe for pasta, which is very tasty and a little spicy. For a few people, seaweed might be a something they are a bit unfamiliar with, but trust us; this dish is delicious!
It can be seen as an alternative to the “spaghetti frutti di mare”, an Italian dish traditionally made with seafood. The seaweed has a firm texture and similar to seafood, and gives the dish the perfect sea flavour.
Besides being very tasty, seaweed contains iron, vitamins (mainly from the B group), calcium, phosphorus and potassium, among other very good properties. Almost a vegan superfood ingredient!
The garlic and chili peppers give it a spicy touch and a very intense flavor so that we really do not need that many ingredients in order to transform a very Italian dish into a vegan option.
180 g of spaghetti
30g seaweed (plates or spaghetti)
5 cloves of garlic
1 cayenne pepper
10 vegan shrimp (optional)
- Cover the seaweed in a container with hot water and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Then strain it and set aside.
- Boil the spaghetti and drain when al dente. The time depends on the type of spaghetti.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Fry the garlic in a frying pan with the cayenne pepper. When they are almost done, add the seaweed, the vegan prawns (optional) and salt. Fry everything together for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the frying pan, add a little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Instead of Olive Oil in the last step, we can also recommend to use some spicy chili oil!
- Adjust the Garlic quantity according to your taste. Italian dishes usually use plenty, but it works of course with a clove or two less than that.